10.24.2010

Cirque de Coeil : HOMECOMING 2010

Our Homecoming Dance group!
All right so last week was Homecoming and it was a blast!  For me things really got kicked off with the Homecoming Concert on Friday night.  Concert band, jazz band, choir, and orchestra all performed pieces and the concert ended with Coe school spirit songs.  Later there was the coronation of the king and queen followed by a bonfire near Eby Fieldhouse.

My friends and I enjoying the football game!
On Saturday there was the football game and our football team took on Wartburg.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day and a perfect to watch football.  Sadly, we lost but we put up a good fight.  Then it was time to dance!  The Homecoming Dance, Cirque de Coeil, was Saturday night from 9:30 PM to 1:00 AM.  It took place at the Crowne Plaza, which is only about seven blocks from Coe, not even a mile away.  There were shuttles to take people to and from or you could walk if you didn't want to wait.  Some Coe students rented rooms at the Plaza so they wouldn't have to worry about getting back to Coe in the wee hours of the morning.  A ton of students were at the dance and we all had a great time.

There are other Homecoming festivities that I didn't discuss because I didn't have a chance to go to them.  There was a Powderpuff Tournament (girls playing football) and boys' volleyball tournament for the athletes and Homecoming Follies for those who would like to showcase a talent of theirs.  I hope that next year I'll get to check out more of the Homecoming events but for my first year, I had a great time!  

0 comments: