11.18.2010

Car Jumping 101...Friday Night Adventure

Another exciting Friday night for me at Coe College.  First off, it was a little rainy which was fine but also sad because even though buildings aren't very far apart, it's still a pain in the butt to walk in the rain, even with a raincoat. But anyways, my friends and I decided to go on a little Target run and grab a few things that would sustain us until Thanksgiving break.  We head to my friend Haley's car and we get in.  Haley sticks the key in, turns it...no go.  Battery dead.  Problem.

So we head back to Murray, our Target plans dashed.  As we are sitting in Murray we are running through our lists of friends trying to decide what friend would know how to jump a car because none of us know how to and don't have jumper cables (because we don't have cars).  We finally figure out what friend would mostly likely have jumper cables and the knowledge of car jumping: Briana.  So we call her up and then Haley and I head back to the parking lot.  Here's what I learned about jumping a car: red and black cables which correspond to the positive and negative of the battery.  Hook them up, starting with the car that actually runs and then the car with the dead battery.  Let some of the juice flow from one to the other and then test it out.  To take the cables off, you just do the reverse of what you did before.  And volia!  The car no longer has a dead battery.

After that adventure, my friends and I went to our fourth Blindspot of the year!  Yipee!  My favorite part of this Blindspot was a five minute dance party at the end of Blindspot; I'm hoping it becomes a tradition!!  After Blindspot was Midnight Bowling at a bowling alley north of Coe.  Bowling was totally free, Coe's Student Activity Council sponsored it.  This council, known as SAC sponsors something every week for Coe students to do.  Sometimes there are midnight movies, ice skating, bowling, board games, pumpkin carving, comedians, musicians, etc.  So Midnight bowling ROCKED.  Got a 118 on my first game, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself! :)

And yep...that was my Friday Night Adventure.

0 comments: