4.15.2012

Apologies and Stories!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time; I have been so swamped that I haven't even been able to think about posting.  Here's a recap of my week:

  • What I spent most of my week preparing for was Budget and Finance Day.  As Student Senate Treasurer, this is my biggest day of the semester.  I led my committee in allocating funds for all the clubs on campus for the upcoming semester.  Budgets were due to me by Wednesday night and then I spent quite some time in the Senate office (in Upper Gage) compiling all the data into one master spreadsheet.  Once all the data was in, I had to make a schedule for the day and then email it out to all the clubs.  Let's just say Wednesday night was a long night.
  • But...all that hard work paid off yesterday at the actual event.  It started bright and early at 8 AM.  The committee did excellent, I can't even being to explain how proud I am of them.  We were so on top of things, we ran ahead of schedule (which is UNHEARD for past B&F Days) and then finished early.  Score!  It was an incredibly rewarding day but at the same time, I'm so glad it's over.
  • On Tuesday night, I attended a fellow clarinetist's recital.  He's a senior and most senior music majors do a recital.  I enjoyed it because I had heard most of his pieces when he first started them so sitting in the audience on Tuesday night, I could hear the progress he had made. 
  • Wednesday was Student Symposium Day.  It's a day where classes are cancelled and current students present research or thesis work they have done.  There was also a speaker, Constance McCashin, at the end of the day, which Senate helped to fund, who discussed anxiety and depression in college students.  A ton of students, faculty, and staff made it out for McCashin and she talked about a lot of good topics. 
  • I'm currently in the midst of researching for my large paper in Literary Analysis.  The point of the paper is to prep up for seminar papers we will have to write in the upcoming semesters.  We could chose any topic and I chose the sonnet sequence, Delia, by Samuel Daniel.  If you haven't figured out, I LOVE SONNETS.  Delia has one of my favorite sonnets in it, which I'll post later when I am really working on the paper.  I can most definitely spend a whole post talking about my paper and research.  
  • As managing editor of The Coe Review and co-editor of The Pearl, I also spent this week making sure that our proofs were edited and returned to the publishing company so the issues can be here at Coe by April 27th, the day of our publication release.  All three of our literary publications (so add in Colere, the only one I don't work on) are being made.  I can't wait for the release! 
  • Last night I attended the orchestra concert.  I had many friends playing in it and it was a fantastic concert!  It was a nice way to end my busy week!  
Currently, I'm in the library, attempting to get caught up on all the homework I kind of neglected as B&F Day approached.  I'm glad the day went well but I'm also glad to get back to my schoolwork.  The semester is winding down!  Only two weeks left!

0 comments: