11.16.2012

XY Unlimited Adventure!

If you've been a faithful reader for a while, you might remember this past March I made a trip up to Minnesota. I went to NACA, a conference were student activity committees got together to network and also to book events for the upcoming school year. As treasurer, I got the opportunity to go along and see what SAC does. It was a fantastic experience, I learned a lot, and saw some amazing performers.

My favorite performance though was probably the band XY Unlimited. They were adorable and just fantastic. They were the roving band which meant they spent one day just bopping around, serenading people with their music. Whitney and I spent a fair amount of time at their booth, chatting them up. We ended up booking them and they performed on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I was pumped. Real pumped. After Senate, I met Whitney and the band in the PUB and we headed to Panchero's for pre-show dinner. It was nice to see them again and chat with them. They are four great guys doing what they love, playing music.

After dinner and a quick detour to Best Buy and the Guitar Center, it was back to campus for their performance.

And they did not disappoint.
Four part, beautiful vocal harmony.

Ahhh life.


So the video I just posted is definitely one of my favorite songs they sang. This was not recorded at Coe, but I needed to post something so you could hear how awesome they are! 

Post concert, they were swamped with brand new fans. Once everyone cleared out, Whitney and I got our required picture. I've posted both pictures, the one from NACA and then the one from now! :) What a perfect way to end my Wednesday.

JUNIOR YEAR
NACA 


0 comments: