1.13.2014

Last First Day of My Undergraduate Career

I'm back on campus! I arrived last night and boy, was it good to be back. I spent Sunday night catching up with my friends and being reunited with Millie (woot!). It was so good to see her and we had lots of stories to share.

Today, I woke up bright and early, ready to conquer the day. Not only did I run a variety of errands, worked in Admissions, and attended class, I also caught up with several professors and friends. Luckily, my Mondays are not nearly as busy this semester as they were last semester (I have some time to breathe and relax instead of go! go! go! ).

As I walked about campus today, while it was hard to believe I am starting my last semester, I also had the overwhelming happy feeling of belonging and being at home. This great mood was probably enhanced by the atypical January Midwestern weather (thanks Polar Vortex?!). I don't think I'm going to say anymore on this, because I feel that whatever I say will sound like a giant cliche. But trust me, it was a feeling people yearn for.

A day like this can only be a good omen for an absolutely amazing semester. Cross your fingers for me!

0 comments: