2.20.2014

Warm Up Week

After way too much snow, the weather warmed up (the 30s). This meant lighter jackets and lots of puddle hopping. We keep crossing our fingers for spring to arrive earlier, especially since our Spring Break is around the corner.


Midterms are next week, so it's no wonder what my weekend adventures will be (aka homework parties). I've also been up to some extra fun stuff including:
  • Hearing a presentation by Monica, my professor who taught the class on Barcelona, about her life in Spain and how she ended up in Iowa.
  • Been hard at work on my clarinet solo for this semester (it's a piece by Mendelssohn). 
  • My love for being an English major grows with each seminar class I attend. Currently we are talking about Jane Eyre, and I really have to integrate all my knowledge from my previous classes into discussion. I love making new points and really pushing myself in discussion. It really confirms why I decided to be an English major (it was most definitely the right choice).
  • Zumba is still going super well. Such a great study break.
  • The Writing Center blog is off and running. I love writing my weekly Thursday Furniture Feature.
Well, better get back to preparing for those midterms. I have two tests on my birthday (the 28th) so once they are done, I can celebrate! 

0 comments: