2.02.2014

Massive List of Things A-Happening!

So I'm a little behind on blogging, so enjoy a list of things I've been up to and look forward to more frequent updates in the month of February.

  • Last weekend, I studied at a variety of places. Friday night, Millie, Kat (Millie's roommate), and I spent some time at Starbucks for that coffeeshop atmosphere. Then on Saturday, I introduced Millie to the Cedar Rapid Public Library (and we got some good studying in). 
  • On top of studying last weekend, we also had a great group come to campus. On Saturday night, I attended a concert by Imani Winds, a wind quintet. They were stunning. I was mesmerized by the clarinet player. She had a clarinet that I had never seen before, using lighter color wood, with her own special bell and barrel. Every player was amazing and they worked so well as a group. They only played music written for their group, which was neat to hear; their pieces were truly one of a kind. Here's a clip of them playing, while this wasn't a song they played at our concert, it still shows off their talent and passion.

  • Last Sunday, the Writing Center hosted its annual Chili Cookoff. It's one of my favorite Sunday Dinners in the WC because I love chili and the point of the event. We show off the Wilderness Field Station and have current students who have spent time up there promote the station and the opportunities that come with it. The Field Station is one opportunity at Coe that I wished I could have experienced during my time at Coe, and therefore, will promote it whenever I can! 
  • For a mid-week study break, Millie and I made more muffins! This time, based on the ingredients we had, chose a recipe from the world-wide-web. A blueberry one. They turned out well (look at us gaining experience) and were delicious. Can't wait for this week and what we'll make.
  • Got to burn off steam and stress with Zumba this week. I enjoy the catchy music and it's good for me!
  • Heard about the Fulbright. Unfortunately, I did not make the first round. While I am disappointed, it simply means a greater and grander adventure and Plan B awaits me post-graduation.
  • Watched a great movie for French class called Bienvenue Chez les Ch'tis. It's a wonderful, hilarious movie that plays off the French north and south stereotyping each other. Enjoy the trailer!

  • Over in the Admission Department, we are getting ready for Scholars Weekend. It's crazy but we are so excited to welcome so many excellent prospective students to campus! 
  • On Friday, I headed home for a weekend visit. My brother is back from some international travel and my sister has started a new semester of her junior year of high school. After some snow tubing yesterday, we are looking forward to an excellent Super Bowl Sunday! 
  • I think those are all my updates. Stay tuned for more news soon!

0 comments: