10.09.2011

Old Times

This past weekend the last showings of Coe's first theatre performance occurred.  I went to see Harold Pinter's Old Times on opening night.  I also helped usher twice this past week, on Thursday and Friday.  I finally learned how the seats in the round (Dows Theatre) worked.  I think every performance (there were six) had a good crowd.  Lots of students came out to support the three actors and all the tech people who have spent the last three months getting this show ready.

The plot of the play is really weird and if you know Pinter, you'll know what I'm talking about.  The cast didn't try to hard to interpret what the show meant either so it was left up to each audience member's opinion.

This show was definitely an unique way to start the 2011-2012 theatre season off!  Next up, Twelfth Night (near Thanksgiving) and then Drood (a musical in the spring term).  I'll be posting the flyers for these shows sometime this week.  Stay tuned!  Want to know more about the theatre department?  Let me know and I'll be able to direct you to one of my friends who knows all there is to know about theatre at Coe.  

0 comments: