10.05.2011

Tuesday Night Volleyball

Tuesday was an extremely busy day which is surprising, because usually it's pretty calm.  Since it was so nice outside on Tuesday, I was able to play about thirty minutes of beach volleyball.  It was a perfect study break and a nice chance to see some of my friends.

But I was in for another treat Tuesday night: I FINALLY went to a volleyball game.  It makes me so mad that I hadn't been to one until yesterday.  There was a hefty student section there and most of us were wearing pink: it was their breast cancer fundraiser.  The team played Luther and boy, did they look good.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to be out on the court with them, passing and digging those balls.  I cannot wait for intramural volleyball to start, it's time I got back out onto the court.

I don't know how well you tune into Coe sports but the volleyball team is doing EXCELLENT this year.  So far, they are 5-0 in league play and 19-2 overall.  They looked wonderful last night -- there is a good group of girls from all grades collaborating to make the team what it is this year.  Last night there were so many good rallies (my Grandma Joan would have LOVED it) and some great effort as what looked like impossible balls to reach became possible.

If you want to learn more about the volleyball or just Coe Athletics in general, click here.  Did you know that 35% of our student population are student-athletes?  Remember, Coe is a Division III school playing in the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (IIAC).  Schools in the IIAC include: Buena Vista, Central College, Cornell, University of Dubuque, Loras College, Luther, Simpson, and Wartburg.      

0 comments: