11.08.2011

Just Plugging Along

Readers, I feel so boring right now.  Usually I have lots of exciting things to talk about.  But right now, I'm in a groove.  The semester has finally evened out and I'm staying on top of homework, readings, papers, and other things.  I'm actively involved in multiple groups on campus and they are going swimmingly.  Things gear up in the second half of the week.  Here are some big events I have to look forward to:

  • My friend Elise, a clarinet player, is performing in Recital Hour on Thursday.  Recital Hour is required for music majors and everyone has to have at least one performance a semester.  This is a big deal because each studio (the professor teaching lessons) wants to show off their students and all their talent.  It's also a way to show your fellow peers your skills.  I couldn't go to any Recital Hours last year because I always had schedule conflicts.  This year, I'm free so I'll be there to support Elise!
  • Tonic Sol Fa is coming on Friday night.  It should be a good performance.
  • There's another Campus Visit Day on Saturday.  I'll mingle with families and lead a tour.  
  • The final football game is also on Saturday versus Cornell College.  
  • I'll be playing in the fall band concert on Saturday night.  The Concert Band plays along with the Jazz Band.  I'm really excited for the music Concert Band is playing; I've spent several hours working on my part and I'm proud of my progress.  
So, there's stuff going on, just not right now.  Since the semester is finally settling down, I'm going to try to interview some of my friends to see other aspects of Coe.


0 comments: