8.13.2013

The Final Weeks of Summer

There are only two weeks until school starts. Where on earth did this summer go? More updates because that seems to be my theme for the summer: UPDATES.

  • IPCW went really well. I was able to meet a lot of great prospective students and hang out with my Coe friends. A reporter from the Cedar Rapids Gazette interviewed me and others early in the week and the article was published online and then in Thursday's paper. 
  • On Friday after our last IPCW session, the student workers had a cookout and then we played a pretty intense game of beach volleyball. It was the most intense game I have played all summer. But also the most fun. 
  • I spent the weekend in Wisconsin, catching up with family. My grandma threw a little "going back to college" party since out of her nine grandchildren, five of them are headed back to college in the upcoming weeks! It was nice to see my family and also take a little break from campus. 
  • I returned to Coe Tuesday afternoon. More people are moving onto campus every day, which is exciting. I'll be moving to my fall apartment later this week and my fall roommates will begin moving in this weekend. Things are moving so quickly.
  • Next week is ORIENTATION CENTRAL. I will be helping out with Writing Center Orientation and regular first-year orientation. It will be a crazy week, all leading up to my first day of senior year. Woot! 

0 comments: