3.12.2014

Spring Break Recap

This year, my Spring Break seem to just fly by. While it wasn't incredibly warm the entire time, it was still nice to get off campus and take a bit of a breather. But of course, if you know me or my family, we don't quite believe in relaxing. I was kept plenty busy! Here are the highlights:

  • Visited a grad school program on Tuesday. It was UW Madison, so just around the corner (figuratively) from my house. It was awesome to be on the flip side of the admission perspective. I got to sit in on a class, meet with professors in the department, and chat with students. (Aka all things I recommend prospective students do when they visit Coe!). It was exciting to talk to people just as passionate about library science as I was! I also thought a lot about Coe during the visit when the people were explaining the small class sizes and community feel of the program. All things I am very familiar with because of Coe and all things I would want to keep as I continue my education. 
  • Got to watch some exciting high school basketball on Thursday and Saturday. The Mt. Horeb High School boys basketball team advanced pretty deep into our state tournament. It's one of those things where their good play excites the whole community. Going to the game was like going downtown to mail something at the post office, you saw a bunch of people you knew! 
  • Was able to see a few high school friends and catch up on their lives. It seemed that the "thesis" of our conversation was about how old we felt, especially with graduation right around the corner. 
  • Relaxed to the best of my ability. While homework had to be done, I still got some free time to watch some TV, sleep in, and heck, even take a nap! 
So all in all, one of the best Spring Breaks I've ever had. It wasn't a tropical one, and I definitely didn't get my tan on, but it without a doubt refreshed me for the final push until graduation! 

0 comments: