3.13.2014

The Third Time's the Charm! May Term 2014

The title might be a little deceiving because it might imply that I didn't have a good time on my previous May Terms. FALSE. As a veteran reader of this blog, you know that I have had some of my best and most memorable Coe experiences during the month of May in 2012 and 2013.

Because of those great experiences, how could I pass up a chance for one final May Term?

The answer is, I couldn't.

I'm happy to formally, officially announce that I will be participating in another Writers Colony May Term. The location: West Coast baseball stadiums.

Yep, you read right.
Baseball.

If you remember way back in the summer of 2011, one of my guests on my blog was Kyle, a fellow FYS peer. He spent May 2011 doing a baseball May Term, but to East Coast stadiums. He had a great time and I was jealous of his trip.

So I was thrilled to find out that Dr. Bob's final (he's retiring this year) May Term would be West Coast baseball. The trip will take myself, seven other students, and Dr. Bob through the Midwest and then out West to see all sorts of great baseball. I'll be leaving the day after graduation and cannot wait. I'm sure I will eat far too many hot dogs and get a little too much sun, but it's all going to be worth it.

And of course, on top of watching baseball, we will be reading and writing about the history of the game and our own experiences. It should be an out of this world trip and of course, this blog will be active while I'm roadtripping.

There you have it! My big news! More information to come :)

0 comments: