3.01.2014

Midterms, muffins, birthdays, and the start of Spring Break!

Good news! I made it through midterms (as if there was any doubt!). It was a hairy week, and I think it was combination of many big projects coming due and two non-major tests I was stressing about. On top of these academic items, it was not only my birthday week, but Millie's as well. So obviously much celebrating to be had!

We started the week with our weekly muffin making adventure. After a "throw a bunch of ingredients in a bowl because we're making MUFFINS" last week* (which turned into delicious peach guava muffins), we decided to make vanilla muffins in honor of our birthdays. To spice it up a little more, we added funfetti icing. Pretty atypical for a muffin (because they look like a cupcake but taste like a muffin [so less sweet]), but Millie and I believe in breaking the boundaries of what muffins can be. They turned out pretty awesome, despite the fact one of our friends described them as "a girl (or guy) who sends mixed signals," which we had to admit was clever.

They were DELICIOUS
The week began, and I found myself swamped with a couple big projects for my English seminar class, a translation project, thesis writing, and prepping for both a statistics and French test.

Tuesday was Millie's birthday. It was an excellent day, complete with Zumba! As you can tell from the blog posts this past summer and then this semester, Millie and I have a lot of fun together. She's a wonderful friend in all sorts of ways and I am so glad we get to spend this final semester together! 
A photo collage of Millie and I :)
Friday finally arrived and by high noon, I was all done with midterms and just about on Spring Break. What made this day even better was that it was my birthday! The sun was out and not nearly as cold as it had been earlier that week (thanks Mother Nature!). The afternoon was equally busy, with two tours in Admissions and finishing up some Writing Center items before the break really began.

I spent Friday night with my friends. We ate dinner at Hacienda's, a Cedar Rapids staple restaurant. It was great to just have a night off, without worrying about homework or upcoming tests. 

I headed back to Wisconsin earlier today. My Spring Break will be relaxing and we can only hope some warmer weather will appear (because it is Spring Break). It's hard to believe that after this week, I will only have seven weeks left at Coe as an undergraduate.

Oh my gosh, that's kind of scary to think about. Thankfully, there will be many more adventures in the next seven weeks to keep my mind off of our impending graduation. 

NOTE: That wasn't the first time Millie and I made something without a recipe. Remember that one time we made a cake? 

0 comments: