3.18.2011

Back at Coe: Final Push Until the End of the Year

Hey everyone!

I'm back and I'm BUSY.  Professors are really kicking it up for the end of the semester and I've been doing a lot of writing (which I LOVE).  It's hard to believe there is only two months left of school before I'm done with my first year at college.  President's Ball is coming up along with BEAUTIFUL spring weather.  Class schedules also came out for next semester so I'm planning my sophomore year classes too!  Here's what's on tap in my classes:

French: More history: we moved onto 17th century in France and are discussing Louis XIV also known as the Sun King.
Fantasy: We are focusing on two stories we have written and are workshopping them.  Both stories will be turned in at the end of the semester as part of our portfolio.  It's cool to see my two stories evolving and becoming stronger.
British Literature: We are deep in 17th century poets, finishing up discussing John Donne today and will move onto George Herbert next week.
Honors Composition: Probably the class I favor the most this semester; we are working on our "Know It All" Essays, a 15 page essay on a topic of our choice.  I'm also working on revising past essays I've written and working on new material which I can include in my end-of-semester portfolio.
Band: Still chugging along on music, our big concert is April 17th.

There's a Blindspot tonight as well as a Midnight Movie (Hall Pass) so we'll see what the night brings!

0 comments: