3.03.2011

Saturday of Epicness: Basketball, Red Robin, Five Dollar Prom

Saturday was a jammed packed day.  After working at the library, doing homework, and working out at Clarke, Heidi and I went to the girls' basketball game.  This was an important game for them, if they won they would earn a spot in the NCAA Division III Tournament.  The game was a white out and the students were there in full force supporting the team.  And Coe won!  We played Simpson and although it was a close game, we were able to pull away at the end for the victory.  The girls play again this Friday at 7 PM, too bad I'll be back home for Spring Break and won't be able to make it.

L to R: Alison, Caroline, Birthday Girl (me), Claudia, & Heidi
After the game, Heidi and I ran back to our room and then grabbed a few of our friends for a night out.  It was my birthday on Monday (the 28th) so my friends took me out to dinner to celebrate.  We went to Red Robin and on First Avenue, near Lindale Mall.  It was a lot of fun and there were also a bunch of high schoolers there before a dance of theirs and it brought back a lot of good memories.  After dinner we walked over to the conveniently placed Cold Stone for some birthday ice cream.  Delicious.

Once we got back to campus we headed to the PUB for Five Dollar Prom.  It was hosted by ASA and Lambda Chi and the idea was that you wear the most ridiculous "prom" outfits and dance it out; it's Prom Part II.  Sadly, I didn't not have a ridiculous prom outfit so I went in just some jeans and a t-shirt.  The PUB was packed and the music was pumping.  I love when organizations hold dances like this one because I love dancing and it was fun to just bop around with the music flowing through.

So a pretty fantastic Saturday.

0 comments: