12.29.2011

Coe Review Poetry Release 2011



Ann with her cake
So a few posts ago I mentioned Coe Review had its publication release for our poetry issue.  It was also the student sendoff for Ann, our poetry professor.  It was a lovely affair, lots of people attended, and Ann loved it.  The event was held in the PUB.  We had coffee, crackers, cheese, fruit, and a small sheet cake for Ann (which she LOVED).  The main event was the reading; Coe students published in the issue read as well as Ann.  I think my favorite moment was when Ann wanted a picture with her cake because she hadn't had a personalized cake since she was ten.  It was so adorable I couldn't stand it.  Miss Haley was there taking photos, some of which I'm including.  As usual, they are fantastic and some of them will end up on our newly revised website which we hope to have up and running in the beginning of the spring semester.  I'll include a link once we are up.  The issue turned out beautifully; I'm incredibly proud of it.  




On tap for next semester: I'll be the managing editor of the magazine again.  It's our fiction issue so we'll be reading some fantastic stories and I can't wait to see how it turns out! 
The Coe Review Staff

0 comments: