2.07.2012

Alternate Scholarship Weekend Recap

On Sunday, 80 students and their families came to Coe for Alternate Scholarship Weekend.  Scholarship Weekend is our big program in February where admitted students have the opportunity to receive departmental scholarships.  Basically, you come to Coe and interview with an area you're interested in.  Even if you don't end up majoring in that area once you get to Coe, you still receive the scholarship.  It's also a great time to meet other students who might be fellow Kohawks with you in the fall.  Scholarship Weekend always brings back fond memories of meeting Heidi, some professors, and other great experiences I had during my snowy February weekend at Coe in 2010.

This past Sunday was Alternate Scholarship Weekend so students who can't attend our main event on Friday, February 17th and Saturday, February 18th can still receive additional money.  I met many great students who I hope had a fantastic time.  I also hosted a prospective student who was interested in majoring in English.  Lucky for her, I had just the perfect things to do Sunday night.  I had a Literary Analysis presentation today so my group met on Sunday night to rehearse.  My prospective student got a taste for the life of an English major.  She also got to experience Sunday night dinners in the Writing Center.  We ate like kings on Sunday with turkey, green beans, corn, homemade bread, and brownies.  It was lovely and delicious.  We rounded out the night by watching a movie with some friends.  It was a wonderful way to end the weekend.

I hope all the prospective students who were here on Sunday had an enjoyable time and I can't wait to meet so many more prospective Kohawks in two weeks!

0 comments: