2.02.2012

Student Senate Promotion!

On Tuesday we had our elections for Student Body President and Vice President.  The race was close but Anna and Max won.  Both are my age and I've had both of them in classes and have worked with them in the Writing Center and Admissions, respectively.  They had asked me to be the treasurer if they won and I accepted. 

On Wednesday night I was officially sworn into office.  I took over for my friend, Whitney, who spent last semester showing me the ropes of being the treasurer.  It's going to be a lot of hard work, but in all honesty, I can't wait.  I love Senate and by being treasurer, I will be able to help the clubs out on campus even more. 

This weekend I'll spend some time getting situated and organize things so I'm ready to start next week.  Be on the lookout for various updates as I navigate my way through supplementary allocations and budgets.  It's going to be a wild ride! 

0 comments: