2.18.2012

Panera and Frozen Yogurt: Reward for a long and successful weekend

This past Friday and Saturday, I was swamped helping Admissions with Scholarship Weekend.  I'll be posting a recap of all the cool things I did and all the amazing people I met in the near future!

Anyways, to celebrate the end of a successful Scholarship Weekend, my friend Anna B. and I decided to go out for dinner.  Anna B. is our new student body president and she and I wanted to talk about some Senate things but also catch up!  We ate dinner at Panera, chatted long after our food was gone, and then headed over to Orange Leaf, the new frozen yogurt venue in Cedar Rapids.  Orange Leaf is an ADORABLE place, decorated in bright orange and white.  Along one wall are a bunch of frozen yogurt machines and YOU, yes you, get to pick out what flavors you want and how much you want.  To finish off your frozen yogurt creation, you add some toppings and then pay the cashier by the weight of your dessert.  It's really neat!

My Saturday night ended with homework in my room.  Since I've been busy all day Friday and Saturday, it seemed like the best idea!  The frozen yogurt was delicious and the conversation was fantastic!  I love nights like these because I get a chance to catch up with friends and take a little break from campus to explore Cedar Rapids.  It's a win-win for everyone involved!

0 comments: