8.21.2012

I'm back!!

I have definitely been slacking on my blog. I guess I didn't realize how busy things would get. Here are some of the highlights:

  • Since Matt started football I have been flying solo in Admission. There has been a lot of tours and lots of tasks to get ready for the school year. I get in at eight and usually don't stop moving until 4:30 PM when I head back to my apartment!
  • I don't know if I have mentioned this, but our current president, President Phifer, is retiring at the end of the 2012-2013 year. Coe is currently in the search for a new president and I was selected as one of the two student representatives. I am incredibly honored that I was chosen and so far, it has been an amazing experience. This past week I was reading files for our big meeting that occurred yesterday. 
  • Peterson Hall has opened its door and faculty have begun the oh so fun process of moving their things into the new space. I have yet to step inside the remodeled building but it's nice to see the amount of construction vehicles and noise die down a bit.
  • Coe purchased two apartment buildings across First Avenue, right next to Brewed Awakenings. They spent the summer remodeling them and there was an open house for them yesterday. Students have started moving in and it's another great apartment option for students. I visited my friend, Ryan, on Friday when he moved into his apartment. It's a pretty nice set-up, especially since he's only a sophomore.
  • New Writing Center Consultants moved in on Sunday and we had dinner at Xavier's (a pizza place near Coe) last night. It was nice to meet a new group of students and I'm excited for another semester in the WC. 
  • Campus is a buzz with more and more first-years moving in. Tomorrow is their official day; that's when the Victory Bell will be rung, opening convocation will occur, and CAP leaders will meet their CAPlets. 
  • With Orientation starting tomorrow, my nights get a little more exciting. I am volunteering so after working in Admission, I'll head over to Orientation Central (aka the main part of campus) and help out where ever I'm needed. 
I think that might be it. Maybe. I promise to post more this week, especially since Orientation will be in full swing. Hope the end of everyone's summers are going well. :) Enjoy these beautiful days!

0 comments: