8.27.2012

Successful first day!

Today was definitely a good day. I woke up, at exactly the same time I did this summer, because I work in Admission Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in the morning. It sort of felt like summer never ended. Of course, my shift was only two hours long, not eight so before I knew it, my two hours were up and it was off to my first class of my junior year!

My first class was my Journalism and Social Media workshop. The professor is Jane Nesmith, the advisor for The Pearl which I was editor for last semester. Our class was in the newly remodeled Eby Annex. Our class just discussed where we get our news from and talked about what the semester would consist of. I'm most excited for my New York Times subscription; I'm not limited to only 10 stories a month!

I had a few hour break before my other two classes of the day: Shakespeare: Tragedies and Histories and 18th Century British Literature. Having back to back English classes was a FANTASTIC life choice. Both classes once again reaffirmed my English major decision. We are starting off the semester reading Richard III in Shakespeare and Roxana in 18th century. I know I'll have my hands full with reading but it will all be worth it!

Then it was time to take care of some errands. I practiced the clarinet, got a locker to store my clarinet in Marquis, saw Jane in the business office, and got a few things ready. I had my first dinner in the caf, then a Writing Center meeting, followed by a Coe Review meeting. Then it was time for a bit of homework and now bed. Tomorrow I have one class and a few meetings. It's nice to know I can just fall right back into the school routine. I'm pumped for this semester.

0 comments: