1.16.2013

Just making that routine

My second and third days have passed and sometimes it feels that I've been in the city for a lot longer than just a week. I've got a routine going and it feels great. I wake up early, head downstairs to workout (it also helps to wake me up), then breakfast and shower before grabbing a to-go cup of Earl Gray tea as I walk seven blocks to a subway station. This line gets me the closest to the library so it's worth the walk. I've got the NYC look down pat on the subway, no eye contact needed. After three stops, I get off at the Bryant Park stop and walk two more blocks to the Mid-Manhattan branch. Then it's up to the sixth floor for a day of work.

Working at the library is much different from my past experience at my small hometown library. I think I'll learn a lot and it will help me as I continue on in my library science career.

I'm also really enjoying the cultural events we've been attending. On Tuesday night, we were off to the Lincoln Center to see a movie called The Last Quartet. It was a fantastic movie about a string quartet who had some struggles as they tried to get ready for another concert season. The movie was incredibly moving and entertaining; it definitely put me on the edge of my seat sometimes. Post-movie, the group sat out in the lobby and discussed our opinons. We still have to write about it, but it was nice to hear what others thought of the film.

Tomorrow is our first museum day. We're off to the Frick Collection to see an exhibit there. Then it will be Friday and I'll be off to the Paley Center for my second internship (I get to use my social media skills!)

0 comments: