6.13.2014

The Bottom of the Ninth..the Final Class

Last week, instead of hopping in a car and heading back home to Wisconsin, I was getting out of a van after traveling from Kansas City to Cedar Rapids. It was nice to stretch my legs and know I wouldn't have a long car in the near future. As I unpacked, did laundry, and finished packing up my apartment, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. I switched on my TV and stumbled upon WGN's coverage of the Chicago Cubs. Instantly, I felt better and went about my business, being both productive and enjoying seeing the Cubs win.

Apparently I was far from "baseballed" out.

Saturday rolled around and we had our final class period. In the Writing Center, our class held group conferences. It was nice to hear what my classmates had been writing and also to share my own writing with them. With suggestions and ideas bouncing around in our heads, we headed to Xavier's for our final class meal.

Our pizza was delicious and the entire time we shared inside joke after inside joke. I loved being so comfortable around the group. We laughed until our abs hurt and our pizza was gone. Once the meal was over, the group parted ways. It was bittersweet for me. I was ready for my summer of work to begin, yet still not ready to leave the group. Lucky for me, I'm on campus this summer and many of my classmates are as well. It will be nice to see them on a regular basis and play catch every once and a while.

However, class wasn't quite over yet. We still had our final portfolio to turn in. I worked hard on it Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday before I turned it in. We were required to write three essays and I was pretty proud with how they turned out. I also finished up the class blog, so if you haven't checked that in a while, you should. I'm quite pleased with the final posts (there are even some summer reading suggestions if you're interested!).

Overall, this was a great May Term. It's hard for me to compare and rank this one with the other two that I've been on. They all have been out of this world and unique in their own ways. Per usual, I've learned so much during the month of May, both about baseball and myself. I know there are many more games for me to watch (and keep score) and lots of catch left to be played. Going on this trip was an excellent way to end my academic career at Coe. It was an unforgettable trip and I'm glad you were here to read all about it!


0 comments: