6.30.2014

Cedar Rapids Food Adventure!

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across this article about best places to eat in Cedar Rapids. As I read through the list, I had been to many of the restaurants, and would be the places I would put on my own list of CR good eats. However, there were a few places I haven't been yet. My goal for the summer is to make it to all 10 places and then by the end, make my own top 10 list. Here's a quick rundown of The Culture Trip's Top 10 and how many I've been to.

  1. The Irish Democrat: Been there! Delicious pub food (and a great reuben!) 
  2. Zins: Been there! More of an appetizer place, but very fancy and tasty.
  3. White Star Ale House: Been there! Took my family there during graduation and it was a big hit! 
  4. Oyama Sushi: Have not been, but I'm always up for sushi. 
  5. Cobble Hill: Also have not been.
  6. Granite City Food and Brewery: Been there! Was sort of surprised this was on the list because it's more of a chain, but their food is still delicious. 
  7. Cappy's Pizzeria: Been there! The newest addition to my been there list. The inside of the pizzeria has a great vibe and it's simple menu is perfect. 
  8. Flying Wienie: Been there! A cute place in the middle of Cedar Rapids with all sorts of fun summer food. It's housed in an old garage and has a lot of character.
  9. Croissant du Jour: Been there! When I'm feeling like I need some francais in my life, I can go here for some authentic French pastries. 
  10. The Lost Cuban: Haven't been...yet. 
Overall, a great list with so many different (and great options). I'll make sure to blog once I visit the three I haven't been to yet.  

0 comments: