6.22.2014

The Studio Life is Pretty Sweet

The past two summers, I've been able to live in a four person Coe apartment. I loved having my own room, sharing a bathroom with just one other person, and then having a great kitchen and living space to share with three other girls. The apartments were just the right amount of public and private, and I knew I could always escape to my room if I needed some space.


These were also the apartments I lived in during my junior and senior academic years. These apartments are heavily loved and were showing some wear and tear. So this summer, our housing got switched up so these apartments could receive some tender loving care. 

Instead, I got to move across the street from Coe in the Hampton Court apartments. 

Fancy, right? Because I can totally say I'm summering in the Hamptons. 

What is extra nice about these apartments is that there are a handful of single, studio apartments. I was lucky enough to get one and while I do occasionally miss having roommates, having a space to entirely call my own has been GLORIOUS. 

My family came down a couple of weeks ago to help me move from space to space. It was definitely bittersweet to leave my apartment. While heading to a new space is exciting, leaving good old Schlarbaum is only another reminder that yes, I have graduated, and yes, life is moving forward at what seems like lightning speed. 

The Hamptons are lovely. The studio is classic Hailley, in the sense it's organized, filled with books, and has just the right amount of quirkiness and charm. It's comfy with a clear sense of thought in terms of colors (aka lots of red, the color I picked out my freshman year). 

And so far so good, in terms of living alone. I've learned I really enjoy having a space all to myself. I keep it pretty clean and like that if there's a mess, it's all mine and it's up to me to clean it up. I don't have to worry about fridge space (it's all mine) and can make as many cups of coffee as my heart desires. 

Things are shaping up to be a good summer. Have lots of friends either on campus or in the surrounding area. I've got a to-do a mile long (so nothing new there), and so much excitement for the next chapter of my life starting in August. The next two months will be my final months posting on this particular blog, so get ready for all sorts of Hailley adventures. It's time to go out with a big bang!  

0 comments: