7.21.2012

Another week of summer completed

Week six.
You went by fast.

If I thought the last couple of weeks were busy with prospective students, week six brought even more smiling faces into the Nassif House! It was an especially crazy week since I jetted home to Mt. Horeb for about one day. My parents were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and I just had to be home for that! I gave a tour Wednesday morning, met my great aunt and uncle coming from Kansas, and was back in Mt. Horeb by three. I had the pleasure of being driven back to Cedar Rapids by my brother, sister, and cousin on Thursday morning. Arrived in Cedar Rapids around 12:30 PM, ate lunch at Panchero's and showed off my apartment. Then it was back to Admissions and I even ended my day with at 3:00 PM tour!

So another week gone and we're one week closer to starting classes again. Woah. I did find out this week I'll be moving from Brandt to my fall housing in Schlarbaum on August 1st. I'll keep two of my current roommates, Whitney and Alison, while Kristine, our fourth roommate will head home (aka Cedar Rapids) and start preparing for her Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) Program at the Newberry Library for the fall semester. She's pumped.

Nothing major planned for this weekend. I've got a little work to do for Admissions and I'm also starting to seriously look at New York Term applications. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this spring I'm hoping to go to NYC on Coe's New York Term. I've wanted to go since I first toured Coe and heard about it. I'm hoping to have an internship at the New York Public Library, a literary magazine, or a publishing house. Wish me luck!

0 comments: