7.15.2012

Recap: Week Five (What? Five weeks already?)

So five weeks here? Woah. Sure doesn't feel that way.

My co-worker Matt came back this past week so it was nice to have two people giving tours. Lots of prospective students came in this week and there will be even more this upcoming week. Bring it on! I'm ready.

This was another good week. Obama on Tuesday morning, went and saw The Amazing Spiderman with Haley on Tuesday night. We saw it at the Wehrenberg Theater. Coe actually uses this theater a lot; any SAC late night movie is held here. It's only about a ten minute drive from Coe. And the movie was FANTASTIC, definitely check it out if you have time. I've developed quite a soft spot for Peter Parker!

I gave a tour to an incoming freshman and her family on Saturday and then went to Iowa City with Haley for a free progressive dinner. We decided on ice cream first approach with ice cream at Whitey's. Then it was off to Bluebird, a nearby diner. I've been there before with my dad and his college friend, Eileen. Tasty.

I ended my weekend doing some writing in the apartment in the morning, walking to Parlor City Ice Cream with Heidi in the afternoon (a nice 6 mile hike!) and then we had dinner in my apartment. I finished the night by going for a swim (I just love the pool here) and then doing some reading to finish the night.  

Oh, the big jobs this week in Admissions will be getting ready for Iowa's Private College Week. It's a great, great, great time to check out Coe, hear from current faculty and staff, and meet Charlie the Kohawk! If you haven't signed up, you can do it here. If you come, you can meet me and maybe even get a tour from me!

0 comments: