7.02.2012

Week Three Update

Woah. What happened to June? I mean, seriously. I feel like I was just coming back from England and now June is over and it's July. CRAZY.

Another week at Admissions, and a busy (and hot) one at that. Can I just say that I LOVE giving tours? And what I love about my job at Admissions is that is a new day everyday. Somedays I'll give a couple of tours, maybe take a student to lunch. But then another day, I'll spend the day entering data, stuffing folders, or creating mailers to send out. You never know what's going to happen. And that's the beauty of it. A surprise everyday. This is really a perfect summer job for me.

Friday night was a bit of a wild one, weather wise. Around 5 PM or so, it just started downpouring and then once the rain stopped, the clouds started looking threatning. Cedar Rapids was under a severe weather watch. It was intense. Once the weather cleared, Anna, Lucy, and Tova joined Whitney and I in our apartment for a girls night. We ate popcorn, painted our nails, and caught up after a busy week.

Saturday I woke up naturally (so nice!) and then talked with my family for a while. After that, I went to the Tanger Outlet Mall with Anna and her mom (her parents were in town for the weekend). I had never been to the outlet mall here and let me tell you, it was nice. I found a few good deals. My night ended with dinner at Vino's, an Italian restaurant on First Avenue with Anna and her parents. It was really nice, delicious food, and it was good to hang out with Anna and get to know her parents.

To continue this weekend of fun, I spent most of Sunday afternoon at Lake MacBride. A friend texted me Sunday late morning saying they were putting together a group and wanted to know if I was interested. It was a beautiful day outside and I said count me in! I had never been to Lake MacBride before but it was beautiful! Although a little busy (a bunch of people had the same idea we had), we still had a fantastic time! It was nice to get some sun in. Once we got back to campus, I headed to more water (aka the natatorium) for some swimming.

I now feel refreshed and relaxed for another week in Admissions. We get the fourth off on Wednesday so it should be a more quiet week.

0 comments: