7.30.2012

Olympics, Schlarbaum, and Week Seven

The weather in Cedar Rapids cooled down a bit for week seven of my summer on campus. Gave several tours (I think I'm up to 42 students for the entire summer) and continued to get ready for Iowa's Private College Week. The next five days should be chock full of IPCW preparation, let's hope Matt and I are ready for it.

Our RAGBRAI guests were here Thursday night and Friday was the opening ceremony for the Olympics. I of course was glued to my TV and have left the games on all weekend while I catch up on various summer projects I've started.

Along with cheering on the swimmers, the gymnasts, and volleyball players, I've also been packing. I'm not going back to Wisconsin, I'm actually moving from Brandt to Schlarbaum (another apartment building on campus) on Wednesday. If you can believe it, the football team starts camp on the 11th. Since students will be returning to campus for the fall, all the summer residents have to move to their fall housing over the next two weeks. Our official move day is Wednesday, although one of my roommates, Alison, will be gone on Wednesday. Therefore, she got one of the keys this weekend and moved all her things into our new apartment. I've brought a few items over to my new room but will do the majority of the moving on Wednesday after work. Heidi will also join us in Schlarbaum, so it will be nice to have her back.

Happy Olympic watching and I'll post again soon!

0 comments: