6.13.2013

Weekend Adventures

Officially, last weekend was my first summer weekend on campus. I turned in my final May Term projects on Friday night and my brother came down for a visit! Once the project was sent in, we cooked up a meal in the apartment and then kicked back and watched a movie.

Saturday was a bit of a lazy day. I finally slept in (I had stayed up pretty late working on my final May Term projects...whoops!) and then made breakfast. My brother and I headed to Clark Field for a workout and then returned to the apartment for lunch. In the afternoon, we played some sand volleyball (whoo!) and worked up an appetite for dinner.

Then a Saturday night adventure began. Myself and a bunch of friends were interested in the Kernels baseball game. But, we got there a little late and there weren't many good seats left. We made the tough but right decision to skip the game and instead, wound up at a high school softball game. Despite us not knowing anyone playing, we still stayed for two innings. The excitement had kind of worn out by then, and so we moved onto another adventure: a movie at our local theater. We saw Now You See Me, a magical adventure about four magicians who try to pull off these amazing tricks. It was so nice to relax in the theater and not worry about a homework assignment or meeting with a professor I had to prepare for.

My Saturday night ended with my brother and I hanging out with my roommates, watching TV, and playing some card games. Not a shabby Saturday if you ask me.

Sunday was definitely a cleaning day. I got some stuff in order and prepared for the week.

Overall, it was a fantastic weekend. If every weekend was like this: full of friends, being outside, and cooking in my apartment, I could stay in summer forever.

0 comments: