7.14.2013

It's a #studenttakeover!

One of the best weeks of the summer is the first week in August for Iowa Private College Week (IPCW). Basically, all the private colleges in the state of Iowa open their doors for prospective students and their families. There are morning and afternoon sessions and in my opinion, it's the best way to get a sneak peek at a college and see if you want to come back for a more in-depth visit.

As I've said the past two (and now three) years, IPCW holds a very special place in my heart. It was the first time I stepped on Coe's campus. My mom always told me I was walking near the library and turned to her and said, "Mom, I can see myself here." So yes, I love IPCW. A lot. 

The theme of Coe's IPCW is Student Takeover (or #studenttakeover for those on Twitter). And it truly is a student takeover; myself and TJ (my co-worker in Admission) are hard at work planning a tour route, gathering student workers, and chatting with Ben, Coe's head caterer, to plan the food for the week. Planning is a lot harder than I thought! But I love being able to be a crucial cog of this week. 

Now I've done all sorts of posts on IPCW. But this summer, I got to do something even bigger than just a simple blog post or recap video. I had the opportunity to make a video for the Admission Department and this video was sent out to prospective students encouraging them to sign up to visit (August 5-9, by the way).

Okay, a little inside scoop: I spent A LOT of time on this video. I ran around campus filming students who are here for the summer and spent time gathering clips from other Coe students who have filmed campus when there are more students. I love this video (I even have the main music permanently stuck in my head). I was so honored to be asked to create this video and I'm extremely proud of how it turned out. It also helped to remind me that I do enjoy making videos like this; I love starting with a bunch of clips and turning it into something great.  

Enjoy the video and if you're a prospective student thinking about Coe, make sure to register for the #studenttakeover


0 comments: