6.10.2012

All Settled and Ready to Go!

On Saturday my dad and I made the two and a half hour journey back to campus.  It was time to move me from Murray Hall to my summer housing, an apartment in Brandt House.  We also had my dad's college friend, Eileen, come and help us.  She lives in Iowa City and it was great to see her!

It wasn't too bad packing up my room in Murray; luckily, I had done some packing before I left for England.  We loaded up my dad's truck and then drove around to Brandt.  We checked out my room and decided we wanted to rearrange the furniture to give me some more space.  Once the furniture was moved, we could start unpacking things.  Currently, I'm almost all unpacked.  It takes a lot of time!

Getting situated in Brandt was an all day job.  Once I checked out of Murray and got my new key, we had to run a few errands to pick up some essentials.  But when my dad left later that night, I was all set to go.  I really like the set-up of my room and I've spent part of today hanging up stuff so my room has a very homey feel to it.  Just the way I like it.

And then today was my one day to start catching up with friends staying on campus this summer and get ready for my two jobs to start tomorrow!  I also took in some of the nice weather; part of the Trailblazing Trio reunited (Mike and I) for a bike ride/roller blading excursion around Cedar Lake.  I also FINALLY did some swimming in the pool.  I don't know why it took me so long.

After an eventful, yet relaxing day, I'm ready to go to bed.  I start in Admissions bright and early tomorrow and will meet with Professor Eichhorn to talk about what projects I need to start (or continue on).  I can't wait; it's time for this summer to really begin!

0 comments: