6.24.2012

Another (warm) week at Coe!

Here's another update. Week two has gone by and it has been a busy one! The beginning of the week was quite toasty and really humid. Thankfully, it rained Wednesday and it cooled down.

Tours are starting to pick up; I gave five this week to fantastic prospective students. I love meeting these students and their families and showing them how much I love Coe and how Coe might be the right fit for them. My favorite part of a tour is when I really figure out what they are passionate about. Once I know that, I can cater my tour to show them exactly what they want to see. For instance, I showed one girl the art studios on the second floor of Dows, another, the indoor and outdoor track, and a third, the swimming pool. It makes the tour more fun and allows for both myself and the family to share stories.

Summer living has fallen into a routine; I go to work at eight, work until four-thirty and then either go swimming or work out at Clark, return to Brandt for dinner, and then either work on projects for Professor Eichhorn or do some reading and writing.

More updates to come!

0 comments: