12.18.2010

Bye Sabrina! We Will Miss You!

On Friday when I left for home, it was the last time I saw my roommate Sabrina.  If you remember, Sabrina is a foreign exchange student from Germany and their program to Coe only lasts one semester.  She flew out of Cedar Rapids today to New York and then she returns to Germany like the 23rd or 24th of December (just in time for Christmas).  Heidi and I are really sad to see her go because she's been a fantastic roommate.  Having a foreign exchange roommate is a great experience: I encourage you to have one if you have the opportunity.  Heidi and I learned a lot about German culture and college life as well as some German words.  It was interesting to compare things between Germany and the United States (you can learn some interesting things).   


Heidi and I threw Sabrina a little going away/roomie party on Wednesday night.  We watched Sabrina's favorite Christmas movie, Home Alone, ate some chocolate, and reminisced on the semester.  We also got Sabrina a little going away gift, a Coe sweatshirt and we made her a pretty homemade card.  It was a fabulous time and it was a nice study break!    

0 comments: