12.04.2010

Lace Up Those Skates and Hit the Ice

With winter in the air and Christmas just around the corner what would be a better way to spend my Friday than going ice skating?  SAC hosted free ice skating at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena.  This was my second trip to the arena because for Orientation week we also got the opportunity to ice skate.  I had so much fun the first time I wasn't sure if this trip could top it or not.

Heidi and I
BUT IT DID.

Tyler and Daken
Coe had rented the rink for two hours on Friday night.  There were a fair amount of people there and everyone was at a different skating level.  Two of my good friends were EXCELLENT skaters because they've been playing hockey since they were little kids.  And for some of my friends this was their first or second time or they just hadn't skated in a while.  I myself ADORE skating and even brought my skates from home!  I can't do any tricks but it didn't stop me from trying.  And so I epically failed.  Fell only five times, so I feel that isn't too horrible.  And it was just fun, relaxing and enjoyable; such a perfect way to spend my Friday night.  When we got back to Coe, Heidi, myself and two friends of ours went to our room for some hot chocolate.  It was fabulous and really hit the spot after skating for so long.
Claudia, Haley and Heidi
So I learned I probably won't become a professional figure skater and win a gold medal in the next Winter Olympics, but I still had a lot of fun skating and I hope to go back soon!

0 comments: