1.05.2011

Excitement at Coe: KEN BURNS

So I was surfing Coe's homepage and I came across big news (http://www.coe.edu/news/177/716/Award-winning-documentary-filmmaker-Ken-Burns-2011-Coe-Contemporary-Issues-Forum-speaker.)  The legendary Ken Burns is coming to Coe on February 22nd.  The reason I'm so excited he's coming to Coe is because when I was in ninth grade, I made a documentary about women's suffrage in the 1900s.  I used iMovie (application used by Apple computers) and had to learn how to work it by myself.  It wasn't always easy but I pulled through and this documentary started my movie making career so to speak.  When I was importing photos into iMovie, they all wanted to have the "Ken Burns" effect.  The effect is simply zooming in or out of the photo for a more "dramatic" effect.  I would have nothing to do with the "Ken Burns" effect because I liked my pictures to be stationary.  But still, even though I refused to use his effects, he is a big name is the film world and I can't believe he's coming to Coe.  I've already got January 24th on my calendar and an extra five bucks for the ticket I'll be buying.  Film making is sort of of a hobby of mine and I can't wait to hear what Ken Burns has to say.

0 comments: