1.09.2011

Regional Reception in Milwaukee

So on Saturday (January 8th) my dad and I headed to Milwaukee for a Regional Reception.  What is that you may ask?  Well, it's where an alumnus hosts a little party for high school students who have applied and or have been accepted to Coe.  This casual gathering allows prospective students and their parents to have questions answered about Coe and learn more about what Coe has to offer.  I was invited to come along by my admissions counselor, Chris Paasch.  Chris wanted my dad and I as resources for prospective students since it wasn't all that long ago that I was in their same boat.  And it was a lot of fun.  I met six great high school seniors from the Milwaukee area who all have an interest in Coe.  None of them have officially decided on Coe which is totally fine because they have until May 1st (and if you remember, I waited until almost May 1st to make my decision so waiting is totally acceptable in my book).  I can see all of them as Kohawks and I hope if the fit is right, they end up at Coe.  The reception was a great way for me to meet other people from Wisconsin, a Coe alumnus, and also to continue to share my love and passion for Coe.  If any of the six students who I met on Saturday are reading this, I wish you the best of luck on making your college decision.  It's a big one, I know that.  But I know you guys are going to do fine.  If you have ANY questions about Coe, let me know because I'd be more than happy to answer them.

0 comments: