3.01.2012

Music in Iowa City

On Wednesday night, Alison W. wanted to take me out for a day after birthday dinner celebration.  After my Senate meeting, we drove to Iowa City to see a concert and then grabbed some food.  The concert was an addition to our adventure but it was a concert I'm so glad we went to.  Alison plays the cello in Coe's orchestra and her director, Professor Dangerfield, suggested this concert for her to attend.  It was the University of Iowa Symphony Orchestra with special guests Wolfgang David, Timothy Gill, and Ksenia Nosikova.  Wolfgang and Tim were just recently at Coe and had a clinic with the orchestra.  Wolfgang plays the violin and Tim plays the cello.  Both are amazing; the sounds they produce from their instruments is unreal.  The concert was amazing.  I don't know if I can fully describe it in words.  It was moving and beautiful and wonderful.  We were all on our feet once it was over.

Post concert, Alison and I roamed around looking for food.  We discovered Sparti's Gyros in Coralville.  It was delicious!  Alison and I were definitely proud of our choice in food.  We eventually found our way back to campus; I did some homework before going to sleep.  

0 comments: