3.25.2012

Weekend Recap

A lot happened this weekend, so it seemed easiest to just write about it in one chunk.

On Friday, I had class, Admissions, and then gave blood.  It went very well; it only took 6 and a half minutes to fill the required amount.  The nurse that was helping me said that I was below average, most people take 7-10 minutes to give blood.

For dinner, my friends and I headed to Hacienda Las Glorias, a popular restaurant in Cedar Rapids to celebrate my friend, Kristine's, 21st birthday.  We had a great time and the food was fantastic.  My Friday night concluded with some homework and relaxation.

On Saturday, it was Alison W's birthday and her dad was in town.  The three of us went to Iowa City for the day.  It was a beautiful day out and we just wandered around downtown.  It was a lot of fun, especially since the weather was so nice.

We got back to campus just in time to head over to Dows to watch Drood, the musical that opened on Friday night.  I had several friends in it, including my friend Luke, who has a prominent role.  Our theater does three performances a year (two in the fall and one in spring) with every other spring, performing a musical.  It was a musical year and the department chose Drood.  This musical is based on the mystery story Charles Dickens started to write shortly before his death.  The story was published in sections but he died before he was able to reveal who the murderer of Edwin Drood was.  The musical is interactive through the entire performance, and in the end, the audience gets to decide who the murderer was.  Our decision keeps the cast on their toes, which is fun to watch.  The performance was fantastic!  It was a little weird for me to see a musical without taking some part in it (I was either a member of the cast or in the pit for my high school's musicals), but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm disappointed that I won't be able to see another showing of it next weekend since I'll be out of town (more to come on that soon!).

My Sunday consisted of laundry (an essential part of my Sunday), homework, soaking up a little sun, and starting the first Budget and Finance Informational Meeting in preparation for Budget and Finance Day later in April.  It was busy, but not too busy.  Have a busy week ahead, but what's new?        

0 comments: