3.18.2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Well, as you know, St. Patrick's Day was yesterday and boy, does Cedar Rapids know how to celebrate a day.  I was asked to march as a Coe student in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Cedar Rapids.  This parade is on its 37th year and over 10,000 line the parade route over a mile long to watch all the floats and people walk by.  My friends and I walked down to our staging area where we met other Coe students and finished decking ourselves out in green.  Around 1:30 PM we started marching and handing out candy to all the kids.  It was a lot of fun, although I ran out of candy a little before our route was over.

I finished my St. Patrick's Day by going to a Roughriders game.  They were playing a team from Green Bay and it was intense.  The score was 3-3 after three periods and then they played five minutes of overtime.  No one had scored after that so they went into a shootout.  The other team won.  But it was okay because the atmosphere and the excitement of the game was worth it.




 

0 comments: