2.25.2011

Austin Kyle: Coffeeshop Series

Every Wednesday SAC sponsors an artist in the PUB.  I haven't had time any time to check out the artists because I usually have band on Wednesday nights for two hours so I don't have time to go.  This week though, band concert was cancelled in midsts of preparation for Jazz Summit (see next post).  So I ended up with an extra two hours after my second Student Senate meeting and got my homework done so I could see the artist in the PUB.

This week it was Austin Kyle - he's a singer/songwriter/guitar player who's from Nashville, TN.  He was confident on stage and that was good because he was playing to a packed PUB.  He started off with some songs of his own and then moved onto a Disney set which included A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast, and Kiss the Girl.

Overall, I enjoyed Austin; he was entertaining and had some good music.  The one thing that did bug me a little was he liked to only do bits and pieces of songs.  I wish he would have played some of the cover songs he started all the way through (like Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls).  But other than that, it was a nice end to a productive night!

0 comments: