2.01.2011

Forecast for Cedar Rapids : Snow, Lots o'Snow

So currently, Linn county, the county Cedar Rapids is a part of, is under a Blizzard warning until Wednesday morning.  Snow fall amounts could be anywhere from 6-18 inches of snow.  Right now, I'm warm in cozy in the Writing Center but outside, it is not so warm.  It's incredibly windy outside, the snow is blowing everywhere and for girls like myself who didn't put their hair up, it's almost impossible to see where you're going with your hair flying everywhere.  Many students are crossing their fingers for cancelled classes since some professors don't live in Cedar Rapids.  My French teacher already cancelled class for tomorrow and we'll see how the other two classes pan out.

In this sort of weather, a good college student is wearing the essentials.  Here's what I make sure I have before making the trek outside of Murray.

1. A good, warm winter coat.  My brown one does the trick.  Leave the fleece and vests in your rooms and button that coat up.
2. Scarf.  A coat is warm but a scarf adds another layer of warmth.
3. Hat.  Hello Harry Potter hat hand made by my Grandma.  Please keep my head warm.
4. Gloves.  I have these beautiful brown leather ones.  They can tough it out.
5. Boots.  Heavy duty boots.  I left my "fashion" boots in my room and brought out my Kamik boots.  They are sturdy and have excellent traction.  They'll keep me on my feet and get me through the snow.
6. A good pair of jeans.  Pull out your comfiest pair of jeans.  When it's so cold and windy outside, you can worry about other things than if you're jeans are staying up.  Fashion is out the window when the weather gets nasty.
7. Long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts.  Warmth is essential.  Fashion is not needed.

Stay warm, drink some hot chocolate, and sit by the fire and read a book (that's what I want to do!).

0 comments: