2.14.2011

Classes This Semester : A Quick Update

I don't think I've talked about my classes this semester yet.  Which is sort of silly of me because I'm really enjoying my classes.  I'm taking 4.9 credits and here's how they pan out.

1. Introduction to French Literature : Bonjour, en cours je lirai les livres importantes pour l'historie de France.  J'aime l'historie et volia, le cours est parfait!  English - Hello, in this class I will read the important books in France's history.  I love history so this class is perfect!

2. Topics in Creative Writing : Fantasy : This is my first creative writing class at Coe and I"m glad that I decided to do something out of my normal writing sphere.  So far I've learned a lot and can't wait to really get down and start revising the things I've been writing this semester.

3. British Renaissance Literature : Poetry : We are studying 16th and 17th century poetry, especially love poetry.  This class is an upper level English class and I'm enjoying the challenge.  We just finished 16th century and this week we are moving onto 17th century poets and Shakespeare's sonnets.

4. Honors Composition : The first Honors class (you have to take five Honor classes to get recognition at graduation) and Honors Composition is the required first one.  Our textbooks are Best American Essays of 2005 and The Best American Non Required Reading and from those essays and stories we are doing our own creative non fiction writing.  Couldn't love this class any more.

5. Topics in Composition : Staff development required for Writing Center consultants.  Partial credit class.

6. Concert Band : Our music is much more challenging and experimental this semester.  Interested to know where it will take us.

7. Clarinet lessons : After having a good first semester and improving a great deal, I'm excited to see where my lessons will take me this semester.

I'm hoping to write more about my classes as the semester goes on!

0 comments: