8.28.2011

My First Saturday Night on Campus

Well since I'm all moved in it was time to catch up with friends.  The perfect day to do this was Saturday night after dinner with President Phifer and his wife.  Alison, Haley, and Millie came over to my room and we watched Anastasia while eating my homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and Berry Burst Oreos (which we decided tasted like Berry Kix).  Heidi and a few other friends joined us for parts of the movie; they were going to an Orientation event so couldn't watch the whole movie.  Once Anastasia finished (you know, when Dimitri picks up Anastasia and kisses her), Haley, Alison, and I went out to the quad with a blanket and looked at the stars.  We were just talking, trying to figure out if we knew the people who were walking by using their shadows and outlines as a guide, and looking up at the sky.  It was so simple but made for such a great night.  It made me excited for the adventures I'm going to have with my friends this year and the great school year I'm going to have.