8.30.2011

Day Two!

Okay, so I promise you that I won't normally be making a post that describes EVERY day of my year at Coe.  But these two are important ones because they are the first two days.  Usually classes meet either Monday, Wednesday, & Friday OR Tuesday & Thursday.  So yesterday I had one group of classes and today I had my final (fourth) class. 

My class on Tuesdays and Thursdays is History of English Literature.  It's a class required for any English major or minor so it's kind of big deal class.  We went over the syllabus (which happens in the first day of any new class) and also went through an abbreviated timeline of English history which is crucial to understand the literature we will be reading this semester. 

Today was also my first day of training for my job at Admissions!  I met all the Admissions staff and started learning about all the ins and outs of being an Admissions worker.  I'm really excited for my new job; I can't wait for my training to continue on Thursday! 

Another first was my clarinet lesson a little later in the afternoon.  Dr. Carson is on sabbatical this semester, so I have a new professor.  We had a great first lesson and I've now got things to work on before my next lesson.  My first seminar (the other component of taking private lessons) will be on Friday.

Of course, during the afternoon, it was pouring rain so I got to walk across campus in my raincoat while my pants and shoes got all wet.  Never fear though, I put up my handy drying rack so the water wouldn't get on stuff it wasn't suppose to!

Now, as I'm writing this post, I'm in the Writing Center, working on homework and waiting for my Writing Fellows.  We are having our first meeting of the semester and I'm excited to get to know them and help them with their papers.

Well, the homework is calling.  Lots going on!  Which for me, is fantastic!   

0 comments: