8.11.2011

Tips for Freshman: More Orientation Week

Got a few more tips to remember during Orientation Week!

TIP ONE: Make sure to explore Coe when you have down time.

My friends and I found the racquet ball courts at the Clark Racquet Center.  I think we played racquet ball three or four days in a row.  It was sort of a hidden gem we didn't know about.  There are lots of cool places on campus just waiting for you to find.  Grab a group of friends and go exploring!  And there are things around the campus that you should check out too.  Grab a frostie from Wendy's, a smoothie or coffee from Brewed, or grab some last minute groceries from the Hy-Vee a block or so down.  Everything I just mentioned is within walking distance so not having a car is no problem.  

TIP TWO: Make an effort to remember as many names as you can.
You are going to meet so many people, I know.  But make a solid effort at remembering as many as you can.  It's super nice to be greeted by someone I met the other day and who remembered my name.  But, at the same time, don't be afraid to ask someone what their name is if you forgot.  Remember, everyone is in the same boat -- you're all meeting a ton a new people and you're all going through your first week at college.  

TIP THREE: Wear sunscreen!
Because no one wants to get burned.  Especially Dragon Boat Racing day, sunscreen is a must!  Personally, I hate getting sunburned so when I knew I would be out in the sun, I made sure to lather up!