9.22.2011

A Fabulous Thursday!

Again I've been super busy.  Had class this morning and we discussed Astrophil and Stella.  Basically it's a sonnet sequence written in 16th century England about a man (Astrophil) pining over a "perfect" woman (Stella).  The discussion got lively and that made the class go by so fast and made it so interesting.  During that hour and a half, the benefit of small class sizes was a huge advantage and our class has built a better rapport with our professor.

Then it was Admissions.  Today was a Nassif Food Day which basically means the full time staff members bring an assortment of food and everyone in the building gets to try new food all day!  I had lunch there and then worked my usual two hour shift.  Right now we are in an intense data entry mood; the counselors are coming back from college fairs and high school visits and the student workers are entering names into our database so we can send potential Kohawks information and keep in contact with them.

Once my shift was over, I went to study at the library but of course, got sidetracked and ended up talking to some people for longer than I expected.  I guess I would have to thank my dad for that trait!  But again, this long conversation reinforces the idea of the Coe community.  A community which I adore!

I also had a Writing Center conference today with a friend.  She was working on a paper and needed some help revising.  It ended up being an hour long conference and it was fantastic!  Basically this is the sort of conference every consultant dreams of having.  The writer is engaging and really wants to make their paper better.  Dr. Bob would have been proud of the conversation we had and I truly do think I helped make a better writer as well as a better paper.  Goal of Writing Center consultant ACHIEVED.

Now, I'm studying for my first Psychology test tomorrow.  It's on three chapters of material covering the areas of psychology, the brain, neurotransmitters, sensation and perception.  Wish me luck!

  

0 comments: