9.28.2011

The Writing Center is Hopping!

So I came into the Writing Center tonight at 10 PM to work my usual shift and I was quite surprised to find the Writing Center hopping.  There were more people in here than usual on a Wednesday night.  It seems like school is most definitely in full swing.  So many conversations going on as I entered the WC and like usual, I end up in a couple of them.  Of course, when I arrived I had a conference and now I'm taking care of business (which consists of sending emails, reviewing my planner, and blogging).  Once I've taken care of business, I'll work on the papers I have due next week before going to bed.  As usual, my day has been jammed pack.  What to know what I did?  Read below! :)

Started my day with Part I of Admission's Photo Shoot.  Our photographer is a man named Billy and he's fantastic -- friendly and makes being in front of the camera comfortable.  I spent around an hour and half being in photos before going to my Psychology class.

From Psychology it was off to Admissions.  Two hours later, I went to Barcelona and then Cultural Studies.  Went back to my room to do some homework.  Before Senate fun, I headed to Dows to learn how to be a house manager.  Basically, starting with the next show (Twelfth Night) I could be the go-between with the Stage Manager and the audience as they are heading into the house before the show.  I think being a house manager would be fun and I'm excited to have the opportunity to.

At our first Budget and Finance Meeting, we were able to pick out our normal meeting time: Tuesdays at 3:30 PM.  Then I had a Senate PR meeting to get ready for CoeFest.  Which, for those of you who don't know, CoeFest is a Summerfest-like festival Senate is hosting on October 8th.  Senate is bringing in multiple bands for an afternoon of music complete with a pig-roast and volleyball.  Should be fun.  Once those two meetings were over, it was time for the actual Senate meeting.

From Senate to band for the usual two hour rehearsal.  It flew by and then I ended up at the Writing Center, typing this blog post.  I'm actually drinking coffee (with lots of creamer and smidge of hot chocolate mix) so we'll see how that goes.  Maybe I'll go the dark side and enjoy drinking coffee!  Watch out!

And that's my day.  Pretty awesome, right?  I think so.

0 comments: