4.24.2011

Murray Murals

 A quirk of Murray is that there are lobbies on every floor.  With a table, two couches and a few chairs, it can be a popular hangout spot for homework or general chilling.  The wall of this lobby is very important: every year the floor must paint a mural on it.  It's a way for the students on the floor to express themselves and build a floor community.  Our floor has a lot of busy girls and we just got around to the mural a few weekends ago.  Our floor used to be a male floor so a lovely image of Homer Simpson in his underwear was the mural I encountered when I first moved in (see picture).  We then decided on an image, painted a pretty sky blue background color but failed to finish the mural.  Now it's done (again, I've included an image).  I also went around to a few other floors and took pictures of their murals so you could see what the kids of Murray can do.  I think it's a neat activity and another reason why I enjoy living in Murray.
Sixth Floor Today
Seventh Floor (Female)
Third Floor (Male)


Fourth Floor (Female)

1 comments:

Bell said...

Hey, my name is Bellamy and i'm going to be a freshmen at Coe next year. Would you mind answering a couple questions for me?

My email is BellisSwell82012@gmail.com